Today we will learn about the Ustrasana yoga pose which is an important posture of Yogasanas. In this article, I will tell all the information about its steps, health benefits, and who should not do this asana.
Ustrasana- In this posture, the shape of the human body becomes like a camel. That is why this asana is known as Ustrasana. This asana is very useful for improving the face glow.
In today’s modern life, due to careless lifestyles and increasing stress, many people especially youth are getting upset with problems like anger, back pain, obesity, indigestion, and constipation. We can get rid of all these problems by practicing yoga.
To keep your body physically and mentally healthy for a longer time period, so, there is an asana in yoga that you can practice named Ustrasana. By practicing this asana on regular basis, you might keep many diseases away from your body.
Yogasanas should always be done in a sequence. For example, first, do postures lying down on the waist, then postures lying on the abdomen, then sitting and finally standing postures should be done.
Steps of doing Ustrasana Yoga
To perform Ustrasana, you have to adopt the following steps. Let us know how to do Ustrasana –
- Sit comfortably on a blanket or yoga mat.
- Sit in the posture of Vajrasana.
- Now stand on your knees.
- Holding the right heel with the right hand and the left heel with the left hand while leaning back.
- Tilt the head back.
- Lift the abdomen, navel, and abdomen area forward.
- Tilt the head and spine back as much as possible and remain in this position for 10-15 seconds.
Breathing- Inhale while holding the ankles. Continue normal breathing (inhale/exhale).
Time – As long as you are comfortable doing it. Try to do 5-10 seconds in the beginning. Can do 2-3 sets.
Meditation- On the health and Vishudhi Chakra.
Note- Pull the anal gate inward while meditating on the base.
Benefits of Ustrasana Yoga
Although every Yogasana has some benefits but knowing the benefits of Utrasana, you will be happy because it is very useful for overweight people to lose extra weight.
- Makes your body slim while reducing obesity.
- Affects the glands of the throat.
- By doing this asana, the respiratory system is strengthened.
- It is a very useful asana for patients with diabetes.
- The posture is the panacea to relieve constipation.
- Cures all stomach-related diseases and also improves digestion power.
- Relieves back pain and also makes the spine flexible.
- Cures all diseases of the genitals.
- This asana is very effective to treat many diseases, especially in women.
- Increases eyesight power and corrects voice.
- Also beneficial for thyroid patients.
Note- For full Ustrasana, touch hands from the ground, and for semi-Uttrasana, do not place your hands in the ankles and keep them at the waist.
Who should not do this Ustrasana Yoga?
Following people should not do this Ustrasana Yoga pose-
- Men who have hernia problems should not perform this asana.
- People with knee pain should also avoid doing this asana.
- Even those who have cervical problems should not do this asana.
- Do not do it even for chronic headache patients.
- Those who have less flexibility in the spine, first practice Half-Ustrasana.
Ustrasana Yoga occupies an important place in the Yogasanas. Those who cannot do Dhanurasana can also take advantage of Dhanurasana by doing this asana. To get more benefit from it, do Shashankasana immediately after this asana.
Along with this, If you keep a desire to in-depth your knowledge about yoga asana, so you could become a part of Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India.