Summer is here!!! Creating a healthy environment with food and exercise and ensuring
success with overall health. Important things to remember for a healthy lifestyle this
summer is to change in routine, a revamped diet.
8 Tips to stay healthy this summer
- Eat healthy and light: Eat light, small, frequent meals with more focus on fresh fruits
and vegetables that have high water content – like oranges, watermelon, tomatoes,
etc. Eat Right and maintain your diet with seasonal fruits and vegetables regularly.
Consuming foods that are cooling and light that will nourish your body for outdoor
activities. Include some protein with one or two meals in your diet and avoid oily or
- Treat your eyes well: Protect your eyes from the harsh sunlight at work and at
playtime, wear protective eyewear or sunglasses when you are outdoors.
- Avoid Alcohol and Caffeine: Alcohol, fizzy drinks and coffee all can make your body
- Drink plenty of water: Drinking 2-3 litres of water every day can keep you hydrated
- Avoid outside food: Avoid the food intake from outside as contaminate food and
water may lead to foodborne illnesses.
- Have proper skincare in the summer: Summer can cause havoc on your skin if
proper care is not taken and you should properly moisturize your skin regularly or
frequent face washes in the summer to protect it from heatstroke and dust particles.
This task should be done three-four times each day.
- Avoid Over-Intoxication: Over-Intoxication can affect your health badly, drinking
alcohol, fizzy drinks and coffee in the summer can dehydrate you badly because of
perspiring and urinating more.
- Have all nutritional supplements: Proper nutritional supplements can support you
with a greater amount of physical energy, increasing your summer activities. The B-
complex vitamins are relaxing to the nervous system and quite helpful for cellular
energy production and therefore the other antioxidants protect your body from
stress, chemical pollutants, and the biochemical by-products of exercise.
Summer can cause havoc on your skin and summer in a host of health problems that range
from simple ones like a headache, skin rashes, sunburns, etc. to severe ones like measles,
jaundice, and more. You must take necessary preventive measures against summer
diseases. Take prevention steps and protect your and your family’s health in the summer.
Please consult our doctors at Starcare for any summer ailments