If you’re a fitness enthusiast who wants to stay fit, rain, or shine, chances are you have at least one or more devices at home that will keep you active if you can’t go to the gym. A basic treadmill or exercise bike can be found in many homes. However, not all of us think about using a rug under our equipment. Continue reading to learn more about rugs and why you should start using them.
Advantages of using a treadmill mat
Here are some benefits of using a treadmill mat that should convince you to get it right on your treadmill:
Treadmills are heavy training equipment that can cause a severe blow during intense workouts. This blow can damage a hard floor for a long time. The treadmill mat helps absorb shocks to minimize floor damage from below.
In addition to the shock, the treadmill cushion also dampens vibration and reduces noise. This way, you can run on the treadmill despite the need to disturb your family and neighbors with your voice.
During intense workouts, your equipment may sometimes move slightly without notice. Although it may not affect very much, but with small movements hard floors can leave scratches. The treadmill mat provides traction and prevents equipment from moving while keeping the floor safe.
Most treadmills are very low maintenance. You don’t have to do much to keep them clean – wipe them with a damp cloth and you’re done. PVC mats in particular are resistant to moisture and sweat, which makes them even more carefree.
In addition to protecting the floor and mats, treadmill mats are also a convenient solution for safety simulators. Carpet fibers, dust from the floor and debris from the floor can enter the moving parts of the appliance and cause the engine to malfunction. The treadmill mat helps extend the life of your car.
Buying Guide: What to look for in a treadmill mat
- Mat size: The treadmill mat should be large enough to fit comfortably on the treadmill or other device. Check the size specifications to make sure they match your treadmill. It is best to buy a mat that is slightly larger than a treadmill.
- Floor surface: Keep in mind the floor surface on which you plan to use the treadmill and rug. The tile requires laminate or strong parquet with excellent shock-absorbing properties. The carpet requires thickness and grip on the mat, so the treadmill stays in place during training.
- Sweat and water resistant: a waterproof rug or moisture resistant rug is always the right choice. It is easy to clean and does not stink afterwards at the end of intense exercise. Waterproof carpets also provide protection to the floor from unintentional water leaks.
- Non-slip design: A treadmill mat with a textured, non-slip surface keeps the treadmill in place and prevents it from slipping. This is necessary to avoid accidents and damage to the floor or carpets.
- Odor: Sometimes treadmills can give off a plastic odor that is unpleasant and makes it difficult to exercise. This odor can fade over time or leave the carpet in the sun. You can look for high quality PVC rugs that are made from raw materials and that provide sustainable sources to avoid problems altogether.
- Density: The thickness of a treadmill mat affects its properties in two aspects: floor protection and noise attenuation. Thicker carpets are recommended for heavier equipment and more fragile floor surfaces. They also mute the sound completely.
- Manufacturer’s warranty: The manufacturer’s warranty increases the customer’s confidence that he is protected against manufacturing defects that are not caused by regular wear.
Cleaning the treadmill mat
The treadmill mat must be maintained at regular intervals. This extends the life of the product and prevents the formation of unpleasant odors resembling sweaty, crowded gyms.
Foam and PVC carpets are easy to clean: just wipe them with a damp cloth dampened with warm, soapy water. Dry the carpet completely before using it again.
Waterproof mats can also be tubed with soapy water and peels before hanging to dry. If your carpet has become very dirty or smells really bad, it may need disinfection. Check the manufacturer’s instructions for the best way to clean your treadmill mat.
How big should a treadmill mat be?
As you research, you will probably find that most mats are good, and because they are designed for gyms and home exercise machines; These include wide elliptical trainers and long treadmills. If you want a simple treadmill for your home or office, the iMovR RightSize mat is a great option. They claim to make perfect size mats (32 “x72”) for most office and home treadmills. If you walk behind a large rug, it may look wrong (and can also cause a tripping hazard!).
What makes a treadmill perfect for the office? Also, so that your feet do not touch the floor, they should have a short tail. Suddenly, all the dirt that comes from your shoes and the back of the treadmill is easier to clean.
If dirt and cleanliness are a particular concern, why not buy a separate treadmill shoe for the treadmill? Keep them close to the treadmill, and a separate pair can be used for those foggy Sunday morning runs through the woods.
For more related blogs please visit gainsmob.com